Monday, September 14, 2009

Filling Space 'Til The Next Update

Last Thursday I went to watch Gamer and eat lunch with my brothers. It was a fun show, but very stupid. Lunch was quite heavy, as it usually is when I eat at Burger King. I stand by my belief that it is the best fast food place. Right when I got home I got a call from Ian, my older brother, saying that the Hitz.fm cruisers were nearby. I drove out to meet them outside a Domino's and hung out for a while. I used my rock-paper-scissors skills to win some freebies. Later on we played a drinking game with cinnamon sticks instead of shots. I think I would've prefered shots, because after a heavy lunch and four sticks I was really really close to puking. I made it out with my lunch still inside me, though, and I had a good time. I also won a few ringgit worth of pizza vouchers, so that was nice, too.

The next day was Orientation Night. I helped out. It was okay. I mostly chatted with the other organizers while waiting for the thing to start. The night started with a meal, with most of the organizers going to McDonald's to buka puasa. I went with them because I prefer fast food over whatever was catered. After that there were dance and magic presentations, and then a bunch of games. There weren't half as many people as there had been last semester, so that was disappointing, but we had a good time anyway. I only did a little bit of ridiculous seizuring "dancing", so I didn't embarass myself as much as last time either. All in all it was a pretty okay affair.

When I got home I got a call from someone claiming to be the mother of Zach, some guy in my circle of friends from college. She wanted to know where he was, who he was with, etc. I told her that I didn't know but he was probably clubbing with friends. She asked for some phone numbers from some people and I gave them to her. She called back a few times to ask about the Orientation Night and stuff, so I gave her the details. Finally she called me and asked me to pass the phone to her son, which I found odd as I was at home on my computer with no idea where her son was. She hung up on me.

Later, I was IMing with another friend, Elo, and I told her about the calls. She told me that that lady wasn't Zach's mother, she was his girlfriend. Apparently she's crazy. Huh.

So, anyway, everything else has been fine. I'm down to my last RM50 or so for the month, but I got my dad to agree to raise my allowance by RM50 for allowance. I'm also learning from my maid how to cook french fries tonight, which should come in really handy whenever I get cravings for fried deliciousness in the future.

Also, I got my front motorcycle indicators replaced. They're white and dim and they don't blink, but they do look a bunch cooler than the old orange ones I used to have. While I was driving back from the motorcycle shop I checked out the Mist Club, where HELP is organizing a fashion show that I'll be attending to see Andrew, a dude I've played poker with, and Juria, a girl from college, and a bunch of other people model a bunch of stuff. It'll be my first time in a club, so that should be interesting. Anyway, when I checked out the club I saw a notice there that talked about the dress code and rules and such. I don't have a problem with getting a collared shirt, but the age limit of 23 might not be so easy to get around. I'm just hoping it's not enforced since I've already bought my pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment