Saturday, August 7, 2010

Quite Funny in a Boring Way

Friday. Let's see, I woke up to my alarm at 11am and went about my usual morning routine (which includes a shower now). For breakfast (or lunch, it was almost noon), we had pancakes. I ate two. They were delicious.

Ruben was going with his dad to see Inception. Jan was tagging along, I think. I was going to college. I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get to watch Inception a sixth time.

It started raining, so I went on the computer while I waiting for the weather to return to drivable conditions. I had some bookmarks left over from last night. I read a discussion about whether legalized abortion had caused a drop in crime. Apparently it had, but not by as much as was originally supposed.

When the time came to leave, I left. When I reached the KPD I couldn't find the kitten, so I just went to class and started reading. I'm almost done with the Mole diaries. He's 20 now. Adrian Mole is very knowledgeable, but he's still quite stupid. I can see why I remind Jared of him.

Class started and we were handed our second quizzes back. I got 9.5 out of 10. I was not expecting 9.5 out of 10. It was a very pleasant surprise. Only one person in class scored full marks. Ms Belinda said that I lost my half mark over a careless mistake. I think that I gained a couple marks due to clever guessing.

During the break I found the kitten, and I also found the girls who were feeding him and his mother. I didn't speak to them, though. I managed to get really close to the kitten, but he didn't let me stroke him this time. Oh well, his loss.

After the break we handed in our assignments. The moment I put mine down, Ms Belinda started going through it and circling mistakes. I couldn't bear to look so I went back to my seat and waited for class to resume. The class ended late because we had to do some exercises on the board. The building's air-conditioning had been shut off for almost half an hour by the time we left.

When I got back home I found out that Ruben had thought Inception was only okay. He's the first person aside from my dad not to think the movie was awesome. I also found out that Ruben and Stefanie were leaving early to stay at their house, and they taking Hannah for a while, too. Apparently there was nothing left to do at our place. They were wrong, I hadn't even taken them up to the roof yet. Oh well, their loss.

I watched District 9 and ate a huge bowl of fresh carbonara. It was super-delicious at first, but it was merely yummy as I was finishing it. A loss in quality is to be expected when you consume a bowl of pasta in an air-conditioned room over the course of an hour, though.

A little later on I was chatting with some people on Windows Live Messenger when I noticed Juria sign in. I asked her if she had been to MTV World Stage, and we got talking from there. After a while I told her that I was still sorry for breaking a promise I had made to her in my second semester, which was my first apology to her since the day she confronted me about it. She said that it was all in the past and she had forgiven me, and I felt a lot better. We talked for a bit more about college and Jason Mraz and stuff, but then my internet connection started acting up so I couldn't chat any more.

I watched some TV with Jan and did my exercises, and then I took a shower and now I'm writing about a rather short day. Oh yeah, apparently the electric razor was Ian's, not Ruben's. Also, Ebony texted me to tell me that she read my blog sometimes and she thinks that it is "quite funny in a boring way", hence the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment