Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birthday! Yay!

Okay, firstly, I have been legal for two years now. Age of consent in Malaysia is 16. More people should know this. The only thing that happens when people turn eighteen is that they can legally consume alcohol, and that is what I did. But that comes later in the story.

First, I woke up. Then I did my morning routine and climbed the stairs and such. Then I went on the computer for a while, then I got on my motorcycle and went to college. I arrived about an hour and a half early for class. This was because my friends might have gotten me cake, and I did not want to miss an opportunity for cake.

There was no cake, but that was okay. I bought some lemonade and got a free cupcake, and then I went to meet up with peoples. I was wished happy birthday by a lot of people all throughout the time in college (thanks again you guys!), so that was nice. I went for lunch and bought Subway and ate it in the hall. Apparently Carmeni and Elo think it's weird to put potato chips in a sandwich, but fries in a burger are okay. That is ridiculous. They are both fine ways to enhance food.

I got a yearbook from some people who were giving out yearbooks. I look pretty lame in the picture. There aren't a lot of Science stream students in HELP.

I didn't pay attention in Finite Mathematics, because the lesson was about stuff I already knew. Instead, I read more Guns, Germs, and Steel. It's a really fascinating book.

After that I helped Elo out with her Physics, and then I went home. At home I went on my computer for a while, and I may have typed out my Dream Journal for Psychology. I either did it then or way early in the morning. Whatever, it's done now. I doubt I'll get 5/5, but I hope I won't get less than 3/5. Maybe I should've worked harder. Whatever.

My mum bought cake. She bought individual slices since the whole cake was too expensive. There were two slices each of Mango, Chocolate Indulgence, and Oreo Cheesecake. I had a lot of Indulgence and some Mango. The Mango tasted like fish, and that is why I did not eat so much of it. The indulgence was delicious, and there was not enough for everyone who wanted it.

When the cake was done I went back to the computer for a bit, and then I drove everyone to the Coliseum. While waiting for the food to arrive, I went to the area around the bar and read the old newspaper articles they had up there. There was stuff from 1921. That's awesome.

After a while, our food arrived. Ian and Jan had the ribeye, and I ordered the most expensive steak on the menu. Jan couldn't finish his food, so he gave me a chunk of his meat. It was better than mine. Oh well.

When we left the restaurant, Ian found a fine on his car. Apparently the guy who told us where to park did not know what he was doing, and now we owed the government RM50. Ian said I had to pay, but I told Ian that since he was the one who told me to listen to the guy who was telling us to park, he should pay. Later on we decided to ignore the fine since it was from DBKL and Ian says nobody takes those guys seriously.

Anyway, we went to Petaling Street to get a laser pointer for Nicholas' birthday. I also bought Jan a shirt for his birthday, which is on the 5th. Hannah has been trying to guess the design on the shirt. She's going to be a bit underwhelmed when she finds out.

Before we got back we stopped to pick up some whisky. Ian got it, but in hindsight I probably should've made the purchase, since what is the point of being 18 if you're going to get other people to buy your alcohol anyway? Whatever.

Back at home, Ian and I started off with two shots. Ian decided that was enough for him and went into the room to spend the rest of the night on the computer. Meanwhile Hannah and Jan and my mum played drinking games with me, and after I had finished a few glasses of whisky and coke, I had one more shot, threw up in a plant pot on the balcony, washed up, and went to karaoke.

Hannah did not want to join in the karaoke, but Jan and my parents did, so that was nice. I spent an hour or so singing in a semi-tipsy state, so that was fun.

So yeah, that was my birthday. I think I was slightly drunk before I threw up, but after that I felt a lot more lucid, so that was a bit disappointing. Eh, not bad for my first time seriously drinking.

I've got to do two quizzes after I wake up. I'd better brush up on my Physics or I'm in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment