Sunday, December 6, 2009

Appreciation in Absence

So today in church I passed the time by leafing through the King James Version of the Bible. I managed to find verses with references to witches (Exodus 22:18), unicorns (Isaiah 34:7), dragons (Psalm 74:13), and infanticide (Psalm 137:9). That was a fun way to pass the time.

When the sermon was over I went to the nearby park to look at turtles. They are fun to observe. I wish I had more time to spend looking at those guys. They're adorable.

My dad took Hannah, Susanna, and I home early because I had planned to for the CTS quiz with Amanda at one o'clock. When we got home I had some time left before one, so I got on the computer. I soon realized that half of the sites on the internet weren't loading, Google and Wikipedia included. The internet was all weird on Hannah's computer, too. Fortunately, Bible Gateway and the Skeptic's Annotated Quran were working, so I looked up some more bizarre verses and checked up on how long the Quran was (it is really, really long). I might read the latter someday out of intellectual curiosity, but I'd want a modern English translation to work with.

Anyway, Amanda called and said that she was still at a clinic because of her flu and her family was also celebrating her father's birthday later, so she wouldn't be able to study today. We rescheduled to tomorrow morning and I wished her a quick recovery, and then I went back to my computer.

My plan for the day was to avoid naps so I could sleep early and therefore be nice and rested for the test tomorrow. That plan did not work because I fell asleep on the couch and it is now 11pm. Oh well.

I had three pancakes for dinner. They were delicious.

My dad bought some live crabs. We're going to eat them tomorrow. The last time we had crabs they were pretty damn delicious, so I'm looking forward to the next dinner. My dad snipped the string and stuff that was binding up one of the crabs and put it in an aquarium. In the process he accidentally snipped off the end of one of its legs, but the crab didn't seem to care much. Susanna was terrified by the crabs. The crabs seemed unfazed by Susanna.

When Ian and Jan came back from the cybercafe, the whole internet started working again. That was odd, but nice. That is why I am able to write this post now.

No comments:

Post a Comment