Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Slept Through Christmas

Yesterday was Christmas. After waking up, my family opened presents and stuff. Jan was very happy with his iPod touch cover that I got him. Hannah couldn't find any of the things on my list, so I'm going shopping with her later to get something I'll like. Susanna got the most presents.

After opening presents, everyone except for me went to church. I stayed at home and went on the computer and climbed the stairs and such. At around ten forty-five I got on my motorcycle and rode to Amanda's house. It is very nearby. I wasn't sure if I had the right address, but when I called her phone nobody picked up, so I decided to just go ahead and ring the bell. Right after I did that I knew I got the right house because I heard her yell "What?! I haven't even showered yet!"

Her mum let me in and gave me some orange juice, and I wandered around the living room looking at pictures of the family and stuff. There was also a tray of cookies, and they were very delicious. Amanda came out a bit later and told me that I was really early even though I arrived at the time stated in the text because everyone else was coming later. I talked to Amanda and her sister and we went out to get ice while waiting for the other guests to arrive. Most of the day went by like that, just talking and watching new guests come in and such. It was nice. When Davinia arrived I invited her and Amanda to the New Year's Eve party at my place, and we also made a tentative plan to go see Avatar on Monday. We'll see how that works out. Also, one of Amanda's younger relatives, this three-year-old girl, got a tea cart and a great big set of toy food. I assembled the former. For my efforts I was rewarded with an imaginary tea float, which is imaginary tea with a scoop of toy ice-cream in it. It was hypothetically delicious.

Amanda has a very comfortable house, with a lot of cushions and two bean bags. In the afternoon I fell asleep a few times in between conversations. At six I got a phone call from my mum, which woke me up from one of the longer naps. I decided that it was a good time to go home, so I said goodbye and merry Christmas to Davinia and Amanda and her family, and then I got on my motorcycle and went home.

At home I spent time on my computer. I didn't actually end up watching a bunch of movies set in Christmas (eg. Die Hard, Gremlins, Home Alone, etc.), so that is one plan that I guess I will delay until next year. I had to take Hannah and Susanna for dinner at McDonald's, but I was tired and wanted to take a half-hour nap first. Hannah gave me a six-minute massage instead, which was better than a nap so we got to leave sooner. When we got back home again I found this book called "The Pig that Wants to be Eaten (And 99 other thought experiments)" and I ended up reading more than half of it. It's really good. I also played a bit of blackjack. I started the game up two because Joel had played a few rounds on my behalf, and at my peak I was up six. I ended up breaking even, though. Then Ian had a bunch of people over for poker, and I went downstairs to swim thirty laps.

When I got back everyone was about to leave, so I took a shower and just kept reading thought experiments. Eventually I got tired and went to bed. Christmas was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment