Sunday, December 27, 2009

Just Lazing About

Yesterday I didn't do much. I woke up late and had bacon and bread and a sausage and an egg. After that I spent pretty much the whole day watching movies (I watched the last part of the latest instalment of the Up series, and I rewatched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which was awesome), burning old games onto CDs so I could install them later, and reading The Pig that Wants to be Eaten. All in all, a pretty good day.

Today I woke up, went to church, came home from church super early because the service ended super early, installed and played one of the old games I had burned earlier (Carnivores 2, very fun), and then left to go to Mid Valley with my siblings to watch Avatar in 3D with Ruben and Stefanie, who we've been friends with since a long, long time ago. Unfortunately, there were only three tickets left, so Ruben and Jan went off to do their own thing while Hannah, Ian, and Stefanie went to watch Avatar.

Hannah gave me fifty ringgit to go buy my Christmas present with. I went to MPH intending to buy The Men Who Stare at Goats, but it was RM59.95, so I just sat down and read the whole thing instead of purchasing it. I tried to find an alternative book, but they didn't have any copies of Brave New World or Fahrenheit 451. I briefly considered buying Robinson Crusoe, which was only around RM23, but I guessed that we probably had it at home, so I left it.

On our way home, Ian got distracted while talking about the movie he'd just seen, and he wasn't able to stop his car from hitting another car in front of us. His breaks had been faulty for a while, so that was probably also to blame. Anyway, the guy driving the car seemed really patient. He and his passenger looked like they were dressed for a ball or something. My dad drove by and settled things, and then he chewed Ian out when we got home.

Ian needed to get to a party, but because of the accident, I'd have to drive him. I told him I wanted to go swimming first, and he let me. Swimming with Hannah and Stefanie was okay. Stefanie is pretty lucky that the only other person in the pool was very inattentive, and that I never ended up looking in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyway, I went home and started burning some movies onto a DVD for Hannah to watch later, and then I drove Ian to his party, and then I came home and finished Thank You for Smoking, and then I wrote this.

Oh yeah, I won't be watching Avatar tomorrow. Both Amanda and Davinia have other things on. I should probably start planning for the New Year's Eve party.

No comments:

Post a Comment