Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Frustrated

I have a 2000 word research paper to write and only about a week to write it. Normally that would not be much of a problem, but this is not normal for two reasons: I just started my survey today and I've only got six or seven responses out of the twenty that I need, and the internet connection at my house is dead so I can't go online to do the research for the paper.

Because of the nature of my paper's thesis (Childhood phobias tend to be lost before adulthood), I can only distribute my survey among adults. The two biggest problems about this are approaching them and getting data I can use from their ages. The women and older dudes especially are reluctant to write down their exact age, so I've just resorted to asking them to round down to the nearest decade.

I've also got a moral paper due in two or three weeks, but I figure that can wait until my research paper is done. I also need a survey for that one, but I can distribute that one to students so it should be considerably easier.

So yeah, lack of internet at home and nearby deadlines have me in quite a lousy mood. It doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping much lately, either.

Also there's this rocket, which is the tallest in the world and called the the Ares-something-or-other, that NASA was going to launch yesterday, but it was delayed numerous times due to wind and clouds and a cargo ship, until finally they had to cancel the launch and reschedule it today. The new launch time is in about two hours. I'll try to catch that. I hope it's worth the wait.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I figured out that someone in my moral class did not have the name I thought she had. I'm going to have to go back and fix some blog posts next time I'm free.

No comments:

Post a Comment