Thursday, August 20, 2009

Suits and Tickets

(Originally written on the 9th of August, 2009)

I recently had an awesome day. I started it off by getting a haircut and taking a nice shower. After that I borrowed my dad's >RM5000 suit and shoes to use in an oral presentation for my English class. Went to college, had people comment on the suit and its awesomeness, went to calculus class (The second last one in the whole semester). I got 31/40 on my latest quiz, which is 7.75% of my total grade, which made me pretty sure I was going to be able to pass the subject. When calculus was over I got to watch some other people do their English presentations before it was my turn. My speech went quite well although I went 16 seconds overtime and I was told I said "and all that" quite a bit.

When college was finished, my friend got a text that a radio station's street crew was in the area, so a bunch of us went up to check it out. Sure enough, there was a car full of goodies and some dudes handing them out. I lost a contest to text a phone real quick for a hundred bucks or an iPod, but then I was told we would have a chance to dance for some tickets to this concert that's coming up in a couple of weeks. I took off my blazer, unbuttoned the top of my shirt, wrapped by tie around my head and got ready to rock. After some headbanging, air guitar, and general wild flailing, I snagged myself a pass to the mosh pit for the concert. I'll be seeing the All-American Rejects and Boys Like Girls. When I was told I had won, I asked them for a second chance so my friends could try and win a ticket, too. They decided that was a good idea, so I backed up my friend by dancing a bit while she won herself a ticket to the mosh pit, too. That was pretty great.

After that I drove another friend to the train station. While I was in the car I was trying to find the radio station that had given me the pass, but my brother's radio can only tune into odd-numbered stations. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment