Tuesday, February 16, 2010

From Thursday to Today

Nicholas' birthday was pretty good. I was an hour late, but I didn't miss much. I ate a lot of lamb and drank five beers, and I gave Nick his zappy-laser thing as a present. A lot of people from college were there, along with a lot more of Nick's family and other friends. It was quite a fun atmosphere. Nicholas proposed to Carmeni in one of the songs he sung, and her response was "Yeah, whatever", because apparently he proposes to her a lot when he's driving her around. I guess she'll know it's for real when she sees a ring. At the end of the party everyone from college danced, and then we all went home. I caught one of the last few trains, since I arrived in Bangsar station just a few minutes before 11:30, when the LRT closes.

The next day my whole family left to Ipoh for Chinese New Year. This year was even more boring than last year, but it was still quite fun. I only set off one firecracker, but there was still plenty of gambling and karaoke, and for the first time I could drink beer, so that was okay, too. Also we went to the cybercafe a few times and I played Left 4 Dead 2, so that also prevented me from getting bored. The Ang Paos were very nice, of course. I got something like RM400 altogether, but I lost RM100 of that gambling. Ah well, that's Chinese New Year for you.

I drove my dad's car back to KL. Driving the highway is tedious and not much fun. I much prefer sleeping in the back seat. When we got home I took a nap and then Hannah and I went to this open house. We arrived just as Dr Mahatir was leaving, so we didn't actually get to see him. Oh well. I had some satay and Hennessy VSOP and a lot of peanuts. The inside of the house was really cool; they had very comfortable rugs and sofas. The host of the open house also grew shaped melons, which I thought was pretty cool.

Anyway I didn't do my exercise all throughout my stay in Ipoh, and I didn't do them today because I only remembered about them right after my shower, and by then it was too late since I'd get all sweaty again and then I'd need another shower. I'll start again tomorrow.

Also Hannah is being selfish with her books. She recently got the box set of all The Princess Diaries, and I read a few of them in Ipoh because I was bored and they are pretty good books, but now she won't lend me the fourth one. It was worse in Ipoh because I had nothing else to read (I had just finished Guns, Germs, and Steel) but now that we're back in KL I guess I can find another book. Still, I want to find out what happens next. I don't like leaving things unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment