Thursday, December 10, 2009

After Tomorrow I Will Be Done (For Now)

Last night I was talking to Hannah from 12:15am to 5:00am. I think that is the longest I have stayed up talking to someone. She's a cool sister, though, so I don't mind at all. My only regret is that I taught her that when she says "Thank you" in her little girl voice she can convince people to do pretty much anything, so I can expect to be manipulated a lot in the coming days.

Three hours after I fell asleep I got a text from one of my Physics classmates asking which floor the test was on. I told him it was the fourth floor, and he asked where I was. I told him I was still at home, sleeping. He was confused, because he thought the test started at 9. I told him it started at 12:30. Oh well, at least he managed to remember which day it was on. Plus he had extra time to study.

Since I was already awake I borrowed Hannah's MP3 player and listened to some music while I tried to fall asleep again. I didn't manage to fall asleep, but it was very relaxing. Fireflies is one of the best songs to listen to when you are sleepy and in a bed.

After I woke up I read my usual three chapters from the Bible, and then I decided to read through the first few chapters of Genesis to follow Biblical history from creation up until the exodus from Egypt. I gotta say, the start of the Bible is kinda sexist. Luckily that doesn't affect me because I'm a dude, but apparently us guys are the masters of women or something, so that is something.

When I was done with the Bible I got ready and went on the computer for a bit. I had set my alarm for 11:10 so I could arrive at the Wisma with enough time to study and review for the test, but I kept hitting snooze while reading stuff, so I only arrived at around 12:00. Before the test started I managed to study about twenty minutes' worth of material, which was everything except the end of the last chapter on optics.

When I opened the test I was shocked. I did not understand how to answer any of the questions. I flipped through the book and found only one question in the subjective section that I knew I could answer. However, I started doing the work and the answers started making themselves apparent to me. There was a lot of things I didn't understand, and I was never sure of any of my answers, but I think I did well enough to get a credit. It was a really tough test, though. As I was finishing up the last question, I realized that the answer I had written down was complete bullshit and there was no way it was the right answer, so I wrote "The above answer is almost definitely wrong, so here is an elephant to make things better" and then I drew an elephant.

I talked to the highest and third highest scoring guys in class after the test was over, and we agreed that it was a lot more difficult than we had expected. We were all grateful for the question with the bear, though, because we had done that one for a tutorial earlier and it was about torque so it was easy to do.

I called Hannah up and asked if she wanted to go for lunch, and she did, so I told her to be downstairs in a few minutes with the keys to one of our cars. When I got home I parked my motorcycle and got in the car and we went to have McDonald's. I tried a Prosperity Burger. It was not worth what I paid, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. It wasn't good, either, though, just okay. The bun was insanely soggy. Anyway, I have done my part to continue my tradition of ordering a single Prosperity Burger every time they are available, hoping that it would be different from all the other Prosperity Burgers I've eaten, and then being disappointed by what I get. I guess I'll do it again next year, too. There are some things that I'll never learn from.

I know I said I'd do my EMA homework today, but I don't think I can be arsed. I guess I'll do some of it in the hours before the test tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment