Saturday, December 12, 2009

It is Finished

My final final exam of the semester, and thus my last day of the semester, was today. I studied in the library for half an hour or so while waiting for the test to begin. I also talked to my classmates.

I scored either 44/60 or 46/60 for my continuous assessment, so I for a pass I needed to get either 6/40 or 4/40 on the final, 21/40 or 19/40 for a credit, and distinction would require a 31/40 or 29/40, which seems quite unachievable considering the subject, so I decided to make my goal a credit. I managed to answer a little more than half of the questions within the time limit, but when I handed in my paper Mr Joel said I could have done better. Oh well.

Outside the exam hall, I asked Sue Ann how she did, and she said she was worried that she wouldn't get a High Distinction because she didn't know how to answer one of the questions. She was being ridiculous, though, because she scored 59/60 on her continuous assessment and she only needed 24/40 on the final to get her HD. I'm sure she'll manage.

When I got home I sent a mass-text to everyone on my contacts list asking what they were doing on New Year's Eve to see if any would be free to come over and have a barbecue and watch the fireworks. I got something like five replies, but no confirmations. Oh well.

My dad was having a company dinner at Sunway since he was the new CEO of Devices World, so Hannah, my mum and I got to tag along and enjoy the free food. The food was really, really good. It is one of the best buffets I've been to. The desert selections were especially nice.

After Hannah and I were done, we went to Sunway Pyramid to fix Hannah's iPod and my mum's iPhone, and also to get the Christmas present for the person whose name I drew when we were organizing who would buy presents for whom for Christmas. Anyway, I got the gift for RM50, and the people at the Apple store said that Hannah's problem could be fixed by sending her iPod in with its warranty because that would result in her getting a brand new iPod, and my mum's problem could be fixed by turning off silent mode on her iPhone.

My dad had ordered a bottle of wine during the dinner (it was on the company's account, after all), so I got to drive home. Everyone left before I parked the car, so I almost ended up scratching it against the side because I suck at parking and I usually need someone to supervise. Hannah usually sticks around to help, but she was feeling impatient tonight. Mama ended up coming back and parking, instead. I should spend a while really learning how to park.

Anyway, tomorrow I am going to start swimming. I plan to swim every day for the whole of my semester break. How long I'll be doing it for or how many laps I'll be doing I do not know, but I will be getting some exercise and some sun, so that's gotta be healthy. Also I want to walk to the KL tower. I guess I'll do that on Tuesday or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment