Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Day of the Decade

The 1st of January 2010 was similar to the 1st of January 2009 and 2008 in that my family spent an hour or so around noontime watching CNN's coverage of Times Square on New Year's Eve with Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper. It was fairly funny and a nice, lazy way to start the day, the year, and the decade.

In the afternoon, Ian, Jan, Ruben, and I went to a CC with Kenneth and Joel to play Left 4 Dead 2. Versus in that game is really fun.

When we got home I took a nap, and when I woke up Colin and Nicholas were here, along with their parents, because we were having a barbecue. It took me a while, but eventually I woke up enough to drive to 7-Eleven with the guys to get some drinks and snacks. In the middle of the meal I got a call from Hannah asking me to pick her and Stefanie up from Mid Valley. I told Hannah I'd be there in a bit because first I wanted to show the guys the roof. Jan and Ruben climbed to the top with me, but Colin and Nick chose to stay more grounded.

Hannah and Stefanie asked me to take them to 7-Eleven, so for the third time in the day, I did. They are rather loud passengers, though, and Stef kept trying to switch the channel to R&B bullshit or whatever.

Later on at around 1am at night, when everyone had left, I went swimming. When I got to the pool I saw a guard up in the building telling me I couldn't go swimming since it was past ten. I told him that I'd been going swimming after ten for the past month. He told me I still couldn't swim, so I told him I'd be real quick. He had his eye on me the whole time. When I was done I checked the rules. There wasn't anything on the board about a closing time for the pool.

When I got back upstairs I did a hundred sit-ups while Jan played Carnivores 2, which is one of the old games we downloaded recently. Jan found out a way to adjust the graphics to make the guns shinier and to make blood come out of the dinosaurs when he shot them. I can't wait to try those settings on my computer later.

I think today (Tuesday) I will be going to watch Avatar in 3D. Also the sit-ups I did tonight will hopefully be the first of many that I will be doing for a long while. Amanda inspired me to try and get a six-pack. I might add push-ups to the routine later, I dunno.

I've spent almost three-quarters of my High Distinction reward money already. Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment